Friday, October 15, 2010

Reality at it’s finest!

Unfortunately we have to be realistic…face reality, day in and day out! I never expected my reality to involve bone density scans, talks about osteoporosis, hormone replacement therapy…all at the age of 31. But here I am, trying to make the best of it and laugh my way through it.

Today I went to the Womans Center at Mercy Hospital for a bone density scan. First of all, I was the only one under the age of 60 there. Those little old women just looked at me like, “oh that poor, poor girl”. I wish I had a t-shirt on that said, “Premature menopause – Ovarian Failure, that’s my story”. Oh well.

Each nurse that I came in contact with said, “Now why is a girl your age here today”? Again…wish I had the shirt.

I will know the results of the scan next week.

On the adoption front, we had a wonderful evening of chatting with the Andrews family last night…

They were so welcoming and sweet…and full of lots of great information! We were so happy that they invited us over to talk! It’s going to be great to get to know them more and more as we continue moving forward. Thank you Andrews family for having us!!!!!

I stopped by Barnes and Noble on my way back from the hospital. I thought I would be good to look at some adoption-related books. Wouldn’t ya know it….there are VERY few at good’ol B&N!? I was like, ”really, it’s 2010..and your selection of adoption books consists of 3?”! Get with it B&N!!!!!!

I did stumble upon this sweet “baby book”. I couldn’t resist!

So I guess I will leave it up to good’ol Amazon to provide me with some adoption reading material!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!