Thursday, October 13, 2011

4 months

So we have been on the DRC waitlist for 4 months today. In 4 months we have gone from #18 to #5 and we are SUPER excited about that!

Over the past month or so referrals have slowed down. Booooo. We were on such a roll, but I know that it's ok and it's going to keep moving. It just takes TIME.
So we will remain patient and secure in knowing that God is working out the perfect timing for our family. We stay focused on the lives we are living right now, and dont worry about the future. Easier said then done!

I feel like when I just take it one day at a time, or one week at a time, that it really helps my mind and heart from focusing so much on our adoption wait! Looking forward to small things in our family helps SO much.
It doesn't hurt that I have very active step-children who are 11 and 15...and are involved in sports and clubs, etc.... so that keeps everyone busy.

Sure, there are days when I get down about the wait. Wondering if we will see our babies sweet faces before Christmas (which is my prayer) or wondering if we will travel in the Spring or will it be Summer or Fall? Wondering when the call will come. When the list will move. When? When? When?
I try not to go down that path. It just leads to anxiousness, sadness and discouragement.
So I stay focused on our blessings...every day, runOthemill, exciting or not....BLESSINGS. There are so many of them that God has poured down on our family! Keeping our eyes on the Lord. That's what it takes to ride this roller coaster!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,

    I can relate! I, too, am waiting. My husband and I are now in month 15 of our adoption journey. We NEVER expected that it would take this long... but the Lord knew. I wanted to share a book with you that I've recently started reading that has really helped me with the wait. It's called "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. It's only about $10 & DEFINITELY worth the read. If you haven't read it, read it!

    Standing in hope with you.

    Jennifer Welch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 5! I know it sometimes feels so far away, but things do seem to be moving fast. Hope this time flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful to be walking this journey with you. Your words encourage me. I just told my husband yesterday..."we can't stay at #1 forever, right?!" Praying that we both will be making our journey over there by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is a quick timeline! (In Canadian standards anyway! ;) Here's hoping you get the call before Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!