Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tonight We Dine With the Queen!

Ok, maybe not WITH the Queen, but more like AT the Queen.....Queen of Sheba Restaurant that is! We are excited to be attending our first Gladney Family Association get together. Families from the area (OKC, Edmond, Norman, etc) gather on the second Tuesday of every month at the Queen of Sheba, an Ethiopian restaurant in Oklahoma City.

We will only know people from reading their blogs, so it will be fun to meet a lot of them!

On to an UPDATE:
I have submitted all 3 groups of paperwork to Gladney! That was a big accomplishment...but the Ethiopian Dossier will be an even bigger one!! I've started on it already.
I submitted our I-600A to Gladney, which they will hold on to until our home study is complete...and then it will get submitted as well.
Our home study is scheduled for Nov. 22nd at 2pm. I am very excited about this, because once that is done it feels like we will be SO much closer to getting on the wait list! WOW, just saying that is a bit unreal!
We are 1/2 way done with FBI fingerprints and background checks. Clint went today and got his done, so I'll go tomorrow for mine. We will also do fingerprints for our I-600A, but that will be after it's submitted.
As for fund raising... we have been taking orders for our shirts and doing well with that. I love getting orders from people I don't know!
We have been blessed with contributions from friends...and have been shown time and time again just how RIGHT this is. God seems to YELL that at us every day! Thank you God!
Ive been selling things from my Etsy store (http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftycreations2) and from Craigslist.... my sewing machine even needed a little oil the other day. It made me happy that I was having to use it enough for it to need a little tune-up!!!!

We are just excited and thankful to God for blessing our lives over and over again!

1 comment:

  1. I hate that we missed out on the queen tonight. Hope it was fun!

    Congrats on getting closer to the waitlist! Getting through all the paperwork is huge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!