Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Update

I cannot believe that just this weekend we were outside in shorts enjoying the 73 degree weather...and now we are getting ready for Oklahoma Blizzard Extravaganza 2011! They are saying like 12" of snow tomorrow. Makes me think of Christmas 2009; snowed in for 3 days with my entire family at my house!!! Boy was that a Christmas to remember!

So this weekend we got outside and played and enjoyed the beautiful weather! Blake ran around with Penny a lot. She was SO tired after that!

I worked on my latest addition to my shop....these cute keychains. Here is the personalized one..

And here are a few others I made..

I also finished up an order for my fabulous sister in-law. She ordered a few initial onesies with matching felt flower headbands (also recently added to my shop) and a cute owl lovie blanket (of which I failed to photograph!). Thanks Kendra!!!
Church this weekend was about FEAR! What are we afraid of? Craig, our Pastor, said FEAR is placing faith in the "what if's?".
He also made a great point: That FEAR reveals what you value the most. AND Fear reveals where you trust God the least. So that would be fear of the future, of the unknown, of loss...etc
I figured that I am not trusting God with the future. I'm always fearful that something will happen with our adoption. It seems that 2010 was a roller coaster that had a lot of highs, but were quickly followed by many lows! I guess I'm always waiting for something to happen. Even though I know that this is what God has planned for our family. He makes that clear all the time!!!
"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4






1 comment:

  1. Just looking at Blake playing outside makes me miss the sunshine! Hope you are all staying warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!