Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

I don't think any of us ever thought we would've spent Easter keeping a bedside visual over my Grandmother! Last week my 84 yr old precious Grandma (who we call Bobbie) had a pretty severe stroke. She was admitted to Baptist Hospital on Tuesday. By Friday she had pneumonia and was on a breathing machine in ICU. Things change so fast!
My Mom and sister (with her family) decided they needed to drive up from San Antonio to see Bobbie. They got here Friday evening and stayed until this morning.
Bobbie really responded to them being there. It was great to see Bobbie make some effort to open her eyes! Her pneumonia is being treated with antibiotics and they are doing the best they can. I just pray for her.

I'm exhausted. I know I should write a long story about what Jesus's resurrection means to me, but for now I'm going to just keep that in my heart and save it for a better time. Judge if you may. ;)



Grandpa (aka Doddie ) and me in the waiting room! Lots of time spent there this weekend.

Cousin love. Izzy was so excited to see her cousin Laynie!

The false teeth hut. I crack up every time I see this. Bobbie's teeth are safe in here while she's in ICU!

Me and Bobbie.
My sister, Angie, and Bobbie.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a wonderful support system. I'm sorry about your grandma and am sending positive thoughts your way. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so sweet. Praying for you and your grandma, and for the whole family. Love you. Let us know if there is anything we can do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!