Thursday, June 30, 2011

Under Construction

The nursery is officially under construction! We decided to make the bedroom a bit bigger and extend a portion of it onto our deck. We have a really great deck that goes all the way around our house on the 2nd level.
Clint is a MASTER at this kindof of stuff...I am blessed with a very talented husband!

Over the weekend he started removing wood siding and pulling up deck boards...all very dirty work...in the 102 degree heat! YUCK! I love how he works though. He starts a project and is done with it in a few short weeks! So, here is the area we are expanding. The door goes into the nursery from the deck right now, but we are taking that out and extending the room about 6.5 feet out.

SUPER excited!


While my hubby was outside in the scorching heat, I was in my craft room making this framed jewelry holder. I have wanted to make one for a LONG time, but never got around to it. When my best friend, Kerri spent her entire Saturday from 6am-4pm helping me with our fundraiser garage sale..I knew I had to make her a special thank you gift! So this was it!

I think I am going to start making smaller ones (this one was like 20x24" or something)...and sell them in my Etsy store! I need to kick it up a notch because we still have $6500 to raise for our adoption!!!
So, if you have not checked out my Etsy store.... head over and check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Just think...you're going to roll in the dough with the golf tournament :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the progress of the nursery! I've never seen a jewelry holder like that-very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! I can't believe you all are doing all that construction! Your husband must be handy. We could never pull that off :) Can't wait to see all your creativity in that room. It'll be so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!